Sunday, April 8, 2007

Get Rid of Body Acne!

There are several causes as to why some of us have body acne. Some reasons are the same as why we have acne on our faces. Things like genetics and over production of oil. Some tips for getting rid of body acne especially on our chests and backs are as follows:
  • Wear breathable fabrics such as cotton or linen in the warmer seasons and climates. Unbreathable fabrics like nylon can keep sweat and dirt close to your body and aids in clogging your pores.
  • Wash your body with a gentle anti-bacterial cleanser such as Cetaphil.
  • Moisturize your body. I have been using jojoba oil on my chest an shoulders for the past few weeks and I have noticed a big difference in the texture. My skin took a beating this winter!
  • Get a new bag! Back packs are bad for people with back acne because it makes your back sweat and keeps the sweat on it. I just got a bag from The Gap that goes over my shoulders.
Some people have stated that benzoyl peroxide has helped them with their body acne. I tried BP before and it made my skin itchy and irritable. Its also bleached my t-shirts. Study now shows that BP causes free radicals! This is something many of you might want to be aware of. I am an anti-oxidantaholic so I try to stay away from free radicals as much as I can.

There are also some negative side effects to salicylic acid. I read that it can be absorbed into the skin and should not be used if you are breast feeding or pregnant. I think that is kind of scary. That's why natural is the way to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! At last I got a blog from where I be capable of truly
take useful information concerning my study and knowledge.


Feel free to surf to my site :: funderwall.com