Friday, February 16, 2007

Jojoba Oil and Acne


Lately I have been searching for a new "all natural" moisturizer. That's when I came across jojoba (hohoba) oil. I have heard about the moisturizing wonders of the oil before however I had no idea that it can be used to treat acne. So I headed out to Trader Joe's
and got me a 4oz bottle for only $6.99!

What is Jojoba Oil?

When you have acne-prone skin the last word you want to hear is oil, since we associate oil with breakouts. Jojoba Oil on the other hand is not actually an oil but a wax ester very similar to the natural oil that our body produces through our sebaceous glands. I'm sure that you are probably asking yourself "how does this help my acne ?" Well the answer is pretty simple. The jojob
a oil tricks your skin into thinking that it has produced enough oil so it won't over produce oil and clog your pores. If you don't get it don't feel bad it took me a while to get it. It is great for dry skin and hair. I have also read that it can reduce fine lines and wrinkles!

Test Time
So I set out to test the wonders of the miracle oil myself. First I cleansed my face pat dried it and applied a dime sized amount of oil in my hands. I rubbed my palms together and and stroked my neck and face upwards gently massage my cheeks and nose area. When I looked in the mirror I got a little nervous. I thought that I had over applied the oil and decided to wipe it off with a towel. I passed the towel over my nose and cheeks. When I looked in the mirror...brace yourselves....all of the tiny little black 'thingys' on my nose were GONE.

So I did some more investigating and it turns out that Jojoba oil is an EXCELLENT CLEANSER. It is also great at removing buildup around hair follicles making it treating dandruff and dry scalp. ***side note*** I just purchased JASON Organic Jojoba Shampoo and Conditioner, two words AWE SOME..teehee*** Jojoba Oil is also packed with vitamin C. It is also loaded with antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.

I found some pretty informative websites about Jojoba Oil that I think you guys might be interested in. Check em out!


Soaper Choice This website gave me straight forward info on Jojoba Oil and its wonders.
Acne.Org I really enjoyed reading the unbiased and varying reviews from different people who used Jojoba Oil to treat their acne.
Ageless
I found this website to be informative. However I would not purchase their product, simply because I got such a great deal at Trader Joes.
Opia, Inc I thought this guy's story was interesting. I hope it wasn't made up just to sell a product.
Rosacea & Jojoba Despite the tasteless web format, I believe this website will give hope to those suffering from rosacea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

jojoba oil hair loss said...

Using products with jojoba oil as well as pure jojoba oil as a hair treatment will give your hair shine, health, beauty, and length.