Friday, February 9, 2007

Home made mask




As you all know I am completely obsessed with tumeric, not only for its antioxidant properties but also for it's ability to treat many skin problems such as ance and eczema. I rencently made a homemade mask primarily composed of turmeric and orange juice. It was really easy!

3 tsp of turmeric
3 tsp of orange juice
(Blend them together, for a more liquid texture add a bit more orange juice.)

I wanted the "luiquidy" texture so I added about 5 tsp. When I applied the mixture to my face it suprisinly went on easily. After the first layer I decided to add another layer to my face because it was starting to fall off. I also recommend that you where black or an old t-shirt that you dont want anymore becaus the turmeric stains easily. My hands were orange for a long time after I washed them. I kept the mask on for about 15 mins and washed it off. Before I added the water to my face I gently exfoliated my skin by rubbing my dry hands on m y face. I loved the gritty texture of the mask. I had to wash my face three times for the "yellowness" to completley come off of my face. My white ceramic sink looked a mess also. I do not recomended using this mask if you are white or have a very pale complexion or pressed on time. In the end I thought that my skin looked brighter it felt a lot softer. I think I will do this once a week or two. To all of you adventurous readers out there give it a try and tell me what you think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a S.Indian neighbour. She is fond of applying tumeric lotion on her face which leaves a yellow hue stain... she claims it is for antiseptic purposes... I believe in herbal products too if one doesn't develop an allergic reaction to it =P

Dj said...

Yea its stains pretty badly. I have brown skin so it didn't show that much but for people with a lighter complexion it will make their face appear to be yellow. My hands were back to their normal color after a couple washes though.

Anonymous said...

Put the cloth stained by turmeric in sunlight for sometime and the stains are gone. BTW turmeric is great for skin ailments as well as it is used by Indians for treatment of several diseases and believe me it works wonders.

Dj said...

Thanks for the advice Priyank! Turmeric is indeed amazing. I have found a much better way to apply the mask. That will be my next post. Thanks for reading!