Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Vitamins and Acne


This morning I got up and took a look at myself in the mirror. To my surprise my skin looked great! I have been using the Himalya Pimple Cream daily and it is doing a great job. Recently I started to only use it as a spot treatment. After I wash my face I would apply the Pimple Cream to a particular bump and after it is fully absorbed into my skin I will add some moisturizer. Moisturizer is essential for healthy skin. I use The Vitamin E Moisture Cream from The Body Shop. It works great. It is very light weight and blends into the skin easily.

I recently started taking vitamins also. I believe they are playing a significant role in the way my skin looks now. I started taking vitamin E and vitamin A capsules daily. They are two of the oldest veterans in the skin care market.

As many of you may know large quantities of vitamin A has been used to treat severe acne. Prescription medicine such as Accutane is a great example of how the vitamin has been used to treat and control acne. However large quantities of vitamin A is extremely toxic and hazardous to the body. In women it can cause reproductive problems, so be sure to ask your doctor about going on a vitamin A regime especially if you are pregnant or nursing. The vitamin A pills I am taking are only at 8,000 IU. I take it once daily with a meal. If you are not into taking vitamins because you don't think it is natural, I recommend it eating foods such as spinach, carrots, broccoli and mangoes to name a few.

Vitamin E is one of the biggest heroes in the Vitamin world. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that is used to battle free radicals that can damage cells and also lead to heart disease and even cancer. Not only is Vitamin E great for you skin and kicking free radicals butts its a great for your immune system. When used with Vitamin C, Vitamin E works even harder. With that said I take 400 IU of vitamin E along with two vitamin C tablets each packing 500 mg of ass kicking goodness. Foods rich in Vitamin E include, once again, spinach, mangoes, peanuts, wheat germ oil, kiwi, soybean and corn to name a few. So don't forget to take your vitamins!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i bought the pimple and acne cream for my 14 year old girl. She is using it presently and I noticed the spots shrank rather quickly without becoming red and blotchy... since she can't tolerate salicylic acid in her skincare products, she has limited choices but really, this cream is effective =P

Dj said...

Thats great! You really start to see results quickly.