Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Products I have tried

I have tried them all....well a lot. Below is a list of some products that I have tried and how my skin reacted to them. If you have tried any of the products listed or have tried others post your comments so others can learn from your experience.

Differin Gel - Just didn't work. I used this product when I was in junior high and high school. My cousin also used it and it didn't help her either.

Accutane (Isotretinoin) - This product really helped!! This side effects on the other hand were horrible. My hair was falling out, my skin was like sand paper my lips were always cracked and bleeding, but my face looked amazing. I was using the product for 2 months when my dermatologist told me that I had to go on birth control in order for him to refill my prescription my parents said no and that was the end of my accutane journey.

Proactive - Proactive worked for a week and didn't work again. It is one of those products that leaves no room for error. I went to bed one night without using the kit the next morning I woke up broken out. It works great for some people but I wasn't one of them.

Murad - Murad, like proactive worked at first. It is kind of expensive. My face felt smooth but the smell of the product wasn't that great and like Proactive I couldn't go a night without using the product without breaking out badly the next day.

Accuzine - Accuzine is supposedly a natural approach to acne. I used the product for almost two months but I have no idea if it was helping or not. I really have no clue if it was making my skin better or worst. Even thought I didn't see drastic results it opened me up to another form of treatment. After using this product I decided that I would like to try a more natural approach to skin care. So next product review I will review to new products that I am expecting to arrive in the mail shortly called Neem herb - Systemic purifier and Herbal acne-n-pimple cream.

Neutrogena - I like the Neutrogena facial washes however they tend to dry out my skin a lot so after I use the facial wash I apply a vitamin E moisturizer for The Body Shop.

In the future I will post natural home remedies that I have tried as well as some of my friends. I want to encourage everyone to post your own home remedies and things that help you cope with your acne.

No comments: